Hey Guys! I hope you are having a great week so far. I am happy to introduce you to Patricia from HowtoMCO.com. She shares all kinds of great trips for making the most of your trip to Orlando so be sure to check her out. Today she is sharing with us her 10 Disney World Vacation tips you need to know.
There is so much that goes into planning a trip to Walt Disney World. It can be really overwhelming at times, especially for first timers. While you can go to Disney World and not have a single thing planned and still have fun, I wholeheartedly believe you will get so much more out of your trip if you put in some planning before your vacation.
In order to help you plan for your trip to the most magical place in the World, I put together a list of 10 things I think are most important for you to know ahead of time!
- Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort and get FREE transportation to and from the airport in Orlando, Florida! Disney’s Magical Express is a wonderful Disney Resort perk and it helps you save some money. In addition to transporting you, Disney will also take care of picking up your luggage and bringing it to your hotel plus take care of checking your luggage in on your way home. Talk about saving time!
- Disney opens up their dining reservations 180 days in advance. Be sure to call at 7:00 am ET 180 days out if there is any place you must eat. Why? Because reservations do fill up fast at the popular dining locations book up sometimes instantly. Also, keep in mind it is very rare that you can simply walk up to a sit down restaurant and be able to get a seat. You can book online through MyDisneyExperienc.com or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Not sure where to eat during your stay? Then check out How to MCO’s article on Top 10 Advanced Dining Reservations to Make.
- Download the My Disney Experience app to book dining reservations and fastpasses. Using this app you can also change and cancel these reservations. This app is also handy for giving you up to the minute wait times for rides! Or you can use the My Disney Experience App to view your Photopass photos taken inside of the Disney Parks.
- Don’t try to power through a whole day at Disney, especially if traveling with kids. As you can imagine all that magic can be exhausting. Take a break after lunch from around 1-3p.m., this is the typically the hottest and most crowded time of the day. We like to go back to the hotel and take a nap or go for a swim at the pool.
- Miss out on a Fastpass you really wanted to get? Check My Disney Experience at 7a.m. the day of because Disney releases a small amount of day of Fastpasses for guests who decided to come last minute. We have been able to score some elusive Fastpasses like Frozen Ever After this way!
- If you need a stroller during your trip we recommend renting one from an offsite vendor or ordering an inexpensive one off Amazon and having it shipped. The miles you walk at Disney puts a lot of wear and tear on your strollers and it’s best to leave your nice one at home.
- When you are ordering food at quick service dining location the cashiers take orders from both sides of the podium. People tend to just line up on one side and not use both, it’s a great way to get your food a little faster.
- You will be able to ride the most rides if you rope drop a park. This means you show up before park open and get to be one the first inside the parks for the day. We normally can do double the attractions in an hour versus arriving later in the day.
- Don’t want to go overboard on buying souvenirs while on your trip? With a gift shop at every corner it can be so hard to say no. Load up a set amount on a gift card ahead of time to stop yourself from overspending. Want to save money at the same time? Get your gift card at Target and use your Target RedCard to save 5%!
- Most importantly remember, Disney is the one place in the World you can truly feel like a kid again. So don’t worry about throwing on a pair of ears, eating a Mickey Ice Cream Bar for breakfast and snapping a selfie with Goofy!
I hope you guys enjoyed her tips. You can find her on Twitter as well @HowToMCO.
It’s been a busy week but I’ll be posting another favorite recipe tomorrow so be sure to come back tomorrow.